Bringing up children isn't easy and at times parents feel this is a task for which they are unprepared or inadequate.
MS can add extra challenges to parenting but there are many examples of people with MS who have had children and raised beautiful families.
The good news is help is available. Contact your local MS society to access confidential parenting advice and counselling.
Speak with your health professional
- For parenting concerns and issues get confidential advice from your health professional.
For more information about MS and parenting
- Pregnancy and MS: Your questions answered - an information brochure developed by MS ACT/NSW/VIC
- Has your Mum or Dad Got MS? - A brochure focusing on children
- Medikidz - Australia's first comic explaining MS to children.To get your copy please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address. (Please note they are only available free of charge to people living within Australia.)
- You can also find more links and useful information at MS publications