The Neurological Alliance Australia is an alliance of national not-for-profit peak organizations representing adults and children living with progressive neurological or neuro-muscular conditions in Australia.
The Alliance aims to promote improved quality of life for people living with these conditions and funding to support research.
MS Australia CEO, Deidre Mackechnie is the current Chair of the NAA.
The alliance will work in partnership to:
- Identify and develop joint influencing opportunities
- Identify and develop joint projects and funding opportunities
- Identify and promote research into the prevention, delay, management and/or cure of progressive neurological conditions
- Establish Progressive Neurological Disease as a National Health Priority
- Act as a consultative body for national progressive neurological research, policy and programs.
- Identify and liaise with other organizations as partners for specific projects or consortia as required
The alliance members are:
- Dementia Australia
- Parkinson’s Australia
- Brain Injury Australia
- Huntington’s Disease Australia
- Muscular Dystrophy Australia
- Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Australia
- MND Australia
- MS Australia
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Australia
- MJD Foundation
Previous NAA papers, position statements, and news items:
- 'Launch of Neurological Alliance Australia Joint Position Paper, Parliament House, Canberra' news item (March, 2017)
- 'People with progressive neurodegenerative diseases in the NDIS' Joint Position Paper
- 'Palliative Care and Neurological Conditions' Palliative Care Australia (PCA) & NAA joint position statement