Australians will go to the polls on Saturday 21 May to elect the members of the 47th Parliament of Australia and the six-week election campaign period has well and truly commenced.
We believe that in the next term of government, there is an opportunity for our political leaders and decision-makers to make an impact on improving the lives of people with MS, their carers, families and friends.
MS Australia is seeking election commitments from all sides of politics to supercharge the MS research agenda through a continuing investment for better treatments, prevention and ultimately a cure for MS, as well as systemic improvements to health care, disability care and aged care.
Our seven Election Commitments, that we want all candidates to commit to are to:
- Supercharge the MS research agenda through an increased investment in MS research
- Fully fund and improve the NDIS
- Meet the needs of people with disability not eligible for the NDIS through improved access to assistive technology
- Improve access to the Disability Support Pension
- Increase the number of, and access to, MS Nurses
- Stop young people with MS entering nursing homes
- Increase in the number of, and improve access to, Home Care Packages
To read MS Australia’s 2022 Election Commitments in full and to download and print a copy, please visit here.
We really need your help with our 2022 Election Campaign!
We hope you will get involved, challenge your local politicians, take action and be part of the solution, and do just one thing during the election campaign to make a difference for people living with MS, their families, friends and carers!
- You can print our Election Commitments out as a booklet (double sided) to fit on one page
- Have a few copies at the ready at your front door in case any local candidates visit you at home
- Take a copy to your local shopping centre if you know a politician might be campaigning there
- Pick one of the election commitments that resonate with you and tell your local candidates why this matters to you and others living with MS and why they should support us.
Each and every one of the 25,600 people living with MS in Australia can make a difference!
To find out more about how you can help us, please visit our MS Australia 2022 Election Commitments webpage.
Every voice and every vote counts! You can make a difference by raising awareness of the needs of People Living with MS! We’re counting on you!