As we approach the end of the year, we can reflect on 12 months of change and progress. But we are also looking forward to one very big year in 2022 – our 50th anniversary.
This year, we have successfully integrated our research arm and our advocacy wing, creating a single organisation deeply committed to supercharging MS research and strengthening our advocacy work.
We have seen record donations to our research program, especially through a $7.4m contribution from MSWA. We also had fantastic participation in The May 50K, with $5.2m raised for vital MS research.
Pleasingly, our work hasn’t gone unnoticed, with MS Australia last week receiving the PRIME Award for ‘NGO of the Year’, an award made possible only by the wonderful support we get from the entire MS community. As I said in my acceptance speech, this award is for you.
Next year, we will undertake a wide range of important activities including:
- Launching our new strategic plan for 2022-26
- Putting record funding into MS research grants, supporting our world-class research community
- Hosting our prestigious Progress in MS Research Scientific Conference in Hobart in April
- Taking a research highlights ‘roadshow’ to capital cities and regional centres
- Launching a critically important report on the impact of MS nurses
- Releasing a comprehensive policy platform ahead of the 2022 federal election
- Marking World MS Day 2022 with a focus on employment issues affecting people living with MS
- Seeking a partnership with the Medical Research Future Fund to help supercharge MS research
Thank you for your tremendous support during 2021. Fasten your seatbelts. We have a big year ahead.